Had a go at one of our taster sessions and enjoyed it? or feel that you want to try some more kayaking and learn from our experienced coaches? This Intro to Kayaking and Canoeing course is the ideal next step for you, throughout this session we cover a wide range of skills all aimed at making you a more skilful and relaxed paddler.
Our intro to kayaking and Canoeing course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic skills in their craft. You might have been to one of our taster sessions, or have only been paddling a few times and want to learn how to perfect your strokes and turns, if so then this course is for you.
When we are running this course we have no fixed agenda other than to make you more comfortable in a kayak and get you moving around with a bit of style, please feel free to ask the coach any questions during the session and they will try their best to tailor your needs into the session.
We do have a few ideas of what we would expect you to be interested in covering, so have decided to list these out for you as a rough idea of what to expect:
- On arrival a discussion about what you want to get out of the course
- Efficient forward paddling - so you can go further using less energy
- Manoeuvring skills - so you can impress onlookers
- Route planning - how to ensure you have a great day on the water
- Kit to carry - what safety kit to take with you
- Rescues and self-preservation - what to do if it goes wrong!
- Fun and games to re-enforce your newly learned skills
- Solid feedback outlining your next steps in paddling afterwards
Please note that the above items fulfil the requirement for the BC 1 Star Certification, and we can award this at the end of the course if desired. Please let your coach know when you arrive!
Pre-requisites for this course: None! It's suitable for all!
- 22 September 2018- 10:00-16:00
- 29 September 2018- 10:00-16:00
- 07 October 2018 - 10:00-16:00
- 12 November 2018- 10:00-16:00
- 01 December 2018- 10:00-16:00
If you can't the dates above, please feel free to contact us and we can see what we can arrange for you.