Enjoy a leisurely tour on the River Hamble! You’ll have the chance to see lots of expensive yachts, wildlife, and have a break at a pub! You’ll also have the opportunity to revel in the history of this fantastic river.
This is a round trip, starting from Lower Swanwick (where there is ample free parking), meandering up the River Hamble taking in the views, before stopping for a break at the Horse and Jockey pub in Curbridge (why not purchase lunch while we are there?). After the stop we can go and explore Botley from the water before being pushed back downstream to Swannick by the falling tide. These tours are planned so that we can use the tide to make our paddling easier, we will have the tide pushing us both ways.
For this trip you have a choice of our open canoes, double kayaks, and single kayaks. Please just let us know which you’d like to use when you book! Please note, if we don’t receive choice information from you, we will assume you desire a single sit on top kayak.
Pre-requisites: None – just be prepared for a fantastic tour.
What Fluid Adventures provide:
- Relevant craft
- Buoyancy aids
- Relevant safety kit
- Relevant water access licenses
- Qualified, experienced and CRB checked coach
What you need to provide:
- Suitable paddling attire
- Wetsuit (if owned) or old clothing (jogging bottoms and a microfleece top are ideal)
- Shoes – old trainers will do, but we recommend wetsuit shoes/boots
- Windproof/splashproof jacket (an old or cheap one is perfect)
- Towel – just in case!
- Complete spare change of clothes for afterwards
- Transportation to/from location
- Car Parking
Swanwick Shore Rd, Swanwick, Southampton, Hampshire SO31 1ZL, UK